Sam: This is it.
Frodo: This is what?
Sam: If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
Frodo: Come on, Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
Pack- check. Arrive at airport on time- check. Savor your last Wendy's frosty- check! Well, friends, I made it... to Washington D.C. that is, and currently waiting to board a plane to Dubai. From there... India! Yes, my journey has begun, but truth be known, it started a long time ago. There's no way I could have arranged all this. As Emily drove me to O'Hare today, all I could exclaim was, "This is crazy!" Our God is crazy unpredictable, yet absolutely reliable. He has been so faithful all my life and looking back at the steps that led me to this point only makes me more stand more in awe of who He is and how intricately beautiful he weaves the tapestry of our lives.
An unexpected emotion pin-pricked my heart a few short hours ago. As the plane lifted off the ground in Chicago there was a sudden sadness to leave the people I have grown to know and love so deeply, yet soaring anticipations of all the beautiful people I will soon encounter and grow to love as well.
Change. I embrace yet despise its all in one stun-slap.
The other night a dear friend shared a super encouraging verse with me, I hope it encourages you:
"...He knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure gold. For I have stayed on God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food... Whatever he wants to do, he does. So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny..." -Job 23:8-17
Savor that last frosty, my friends... there's no knowing where you might be swept off to next...
You need a "like" icon...:)
ReplyDeleteOk, so a Sam flew off and a Frodo stayed home...blessings dear friend! And many prayers...enjoy Dubai.;)
Till the next posting...:)
Fantastic writing dear! Enjoy every moment sis!
ReplyDelete