Monday, March 21, 2011

At a glance

"If you are going to live in radical obedience to Christ, we will need the church to do it. We will need to show one another how to give liberally, go urgently, and live dangerously..." -Radical, David Platt

So, a lot has been happening... too much to fill you all in on everything so I've decided to give you quick snapshots of life in one sentence summaries...

-new installation of "smartboards" at school calls for re-painting of several classrooms, I painted a life-size Tinkerbell flying in all her fairy glory- students love it!
-practicing a Bollywood dance with fellow teachers for the annual day, if sweat was collected, I'm pretty sure I'd fill one of the Great Lakes
-there's something about hopping on the back of motorcyle at a moment's notice and taking off down a dirt road, gets me every time- I really should consider buying one of those for my own use- I'd tear up the countryside, make my own Motorcycle Diaries of sorts
-dinnertime has become something like The Waltons and it's pretty much awesome- 8 kids, 5 adults, and a partridge in a peartree (maybe I should have said monkey in a mango tree?)
-prayer times with the Lord have been like wrestling matches lately...
-two episodes of vomited rice from Sammy in one day, I got to witness this first hand
-big brown pig crossing the road yesterday, clogged traffic for a solid minute
-orange sunsets have been looking more and more like sherbert in the summertime
-a cricket was jumping in the sink when a lizard came and ate it for snacktime, Micah (who's 3) and I had a discovery channel moment together
-after dinner coffee with great friends of faith equals awesome late night discussion
-pineapple tastes better in India, take my word for it, or don't- come here and try it for yourself

love and miss you guys,
Lish

No comments:

Post a Comment